It’s halfway through and another one bites the dust……………

It’s really hotting up now, and the scientists are really under pressure!

The votes have been counted, it was very close but the next scientist to get evicted in the Boron zone is…

Alastair Sloan

This leaves only Keith and Hywel to fight it out for the prize tomorrow.

Who will be the victor? Only the students can decide!

We are sorry to see you go Alastair! Thank you being a great scientist and answering everyone’s questions so well! You will be missed in the live chats and we wish you all the best with your teaching and all the important meetings you’ve got lined up!!

Don’t forget to VOTE for the scientist you think deserves to win the prize of £500!!! Don’t let your favourite be evicted!!!!

You can also leave messages for Alastair below to thank him for all his hard work and the time he gave up to participate!!

Keep voting. And may the best scientist win.

Posted on June 24, 2010 ModShane in News | 8 Comments

8 Responses to It’s halfway through and another one bites the dust……………

1. Moderator - Ruth says:

Thank you for joining us this year!! We are sad to see you go and hope you have enjoyed this experience as much as we have! Good luck with your work.:) xx

2. hywelvaughan says:

Thanks Keith! It was a real shame to see you evicted, and I hope that our paths will cross again. You have taught us all (and me especially!) a lot. All the best in everything else you do 🙂

• keithbrain says:

No so fast, Hywel … 😉

• hywelvaughan says:

that’s me typing in a rush (I am in an office with no air conditioning today… my brain is melting!
        I meant the following…

Thanks Alastair! It was a real shame to see you evicted, and I hope that our paths will cross again. You have taught us all (and me especially!) a lot. All the best in everything else you do 😀

As for Keith, sorry for the mix up, and good luck with the voting tomorrow! May the best brain win! 😉

• keithbrain says:

Np, Hywel. Looking forward to some great questions and friendly competition. You’re doing exciting work, and I look forward to being able to say that I “met” you when the speed record is smashed! Good luck for the final straight!

3. keithbrain says:

Alastair – we’ll really miss your experience and biological expertise! Thanks for the great chats, responses and questions.

4. alastairsloan says:

Thanks guys – it’s been emotional! Good luck today and all the best with your work. It’s been great fun chatting with you and I’ve learnt alot. May the best man win!!!